Automating Tasks and Idiosyncrasies

So Apple has this tool they really don't talk about anymore because of all the other Apple hype - hello iPhone/iPad/iEverything hype: Automator. It's a simple way to automate common and or redundant tasks.

So I have been using this to generate my daily office status reports for years and now I am working on a project where I have to send out standard emails on demand with attachments... My first thought was - "Oh, i can use Automator". It worked quite well until recently.

Basically it created a new mail, added an attachment and some text and it worked great... until safari 5 - ugh now it generates a black email of death.

BUT... thanks to the Apple Support Forums, and a little creativity, i have created a basic script that solved the issue - woo hoo.

Techy: Yes

Lame: Maybe

Saved work load and the knowledge I did something that remotely resembled programming: priceless